Friday, October 30, 2015

Unsolicited Love

UNSOLICITED LOVE...

Love hurts, yes it does, specially if the person whom you give your feelings does not and don't want to even acknowledge your feelings...
Well, this is my topic because I was just with my friend earlier today and our topic of conversation is once again about her unrequited love. Their story started a few years ago when she started communicating with him thru FB, at the time she still have a boyfriend the she loves but was having some doubts because he boyfriend who's working abroad can't even find time to communicate with her. So when this guy arrived (not physically because he's also working abroad) - she can't help but compare her then boyfriend with this new guy because though both guy works outside the country, one was able to find time to communicate with her while her boyfriend can't even chat a 'hi' to her. So when this guy came in to the picture, my friend was overwhelmed with the attention but still didn't let this sway her feelings, that way after a month their friendship/communication cease and they continue on with their life.
Last quarter of that year, my friends' boyfriend arrived but did not show his face to my friend for over a week until one day he visited my friend at her work and ask if they can talk. They decided to eat at one of the fast food chain and talk. Unfortunately, her boyfriend dropped a bomb when he admitted that he have another girlfriend who he wanted to keep instead of the almost 4year relationship he had with my friend. My friend was so devastated at the time but was able to move on a bit faster because the other guy communicated with her again.
Well, they would chat for hours, send pictures back and forth while they're chatting and wouldn't stop even if they're already too sleepy to even open their eyes. Unfortunately this guy told my friend that he actually like my friends' sister. My friend was so disheartened because she's already falling for him and asked for my advice, well of course I told her that this is a very complicated problem that she just have to let go, because for me this will always be a problem between the two of them in case they're able to pass this test. Unfortunately my friend didn't heed my advice and still continue communicating with him until her feeling got too deep. The guy was able to move on and forget his feeling on my friends' sister because she just recently got married. Well, since the situation with her sister and this guy has been assuage, she thought that the guy's feelings will then be shifted to her, unfortunately that's not the case.
After a few months of their friendship and constant communication, the guy told her that he has a crush, so my friend asked - actually insisted that he tell her who is his crush. When he told her the name, my friend was so shocked because once again she was friend zoned! And this time the guy was asking - well not really asking, he was more like commanding her not to communicate with him anymore, he even asked her if she's willing to be his kept woman and to also send him some money once in a while. To the guy's credit, I think he was just testing my friend and at the same time forcing her to be turned off. The problem is, my friend is already so hook with him and can't control her feelings, she even said she's willing to be his woman on the side and send him money once in a while - she even asked how much he needs.
I was so mad at my friend for her to lower herself to him like that! No man is worth that undignified act! However much you love him, you must love yourself more than you love him. But alas, my advice fall on a deaf ear. She wouldn't listen to me, she would still chat him, if he stopped chatting her, she will incessantly chat him until he responds. Up until now she's still waiting for him to like her.
What do I need to do to force my friend to see things in a different light? Do I really have to force her to listen to me or just let her with her craziness? I pity my friend, she doesn't deserve to be treated like this and I hated that guy who can't even just avoid her incessant chats. The problem with that guys is he's holding my friend on a string, when my friend would stop chatting him for almost a week, what he'll do is chat my friend and have her dangle again, but after a few days, he will once again disengage himself from her by ignoring her chats. I hate that guy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment