Friday, August 28, 2015

Quote of the Day: No man is an island

Quote of the Day: No man is an island

No man is an island by John Donne.


 
Meaning:
- Human beings do not thrive when isolated from others (Ref.
http://www.phrases.org.uk).
- Human beings necessarily depend on one another, as in You can't manage this all by yourself (Ref.
http://dictionary.reference.com/).
- Human beings do not (or should not) live in isolation. All people are interconnected. A person is not like an island, standing alone and surrounded by sea. (Ref.
https://www.englishclub.com/)
Story:
I have this friend who thinks that it's fine to be by yourself and not make any friends (or at least keep the one's you have right now). That it's not a big deal being alone. I myself is not a crowd type person, I'm a bit of an introvert - and I always thought that I can survive without really involving myself with the team/group. However lately, I'm so happy to be in this group of people who's able to appreciate who I am, what I do and how I interact with them. Then I realize that it's not really bad having to involve myself with this people because they make me stronger and believe in me more.
My Thoughts:
The quotation helps us understand that while it's not a sin to be alone, but having people around you can make life much more bearable. Those people can cheer you up when you're down, help you when you have problems, fight with you if other's are hurting you and most importantly - love you whenever you feel left and alone.
Don't suffocate you self, don't make your space too tight and uncomfortable and don't let the air you breath to be limited. Enjoy life while you still can. If you can't be friendly with someone - don't make enemies and don't create your own bubble wrap. You don't have to be out going to enjoy life, you just have to be with the people you love and do things that you'll all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment